Thursday, February 17, 2011

ROAD TRIP!!!

One month ago Ellie ventured out on her first ROAD TRIP!!! We headed up to Boise with my mom to visit my sister and her family and babysit my niece while my sister was in a class for work. I was really excited to go yet nervous at the same time...I wasn't sure how El would do on a LONG car ride. After all the most she'd ever been in the car is for an hour. She did exceptionally well. This first pictures describes our drive up to Boise perfectly...


She slept for TWO AND A HALF HOURS STRAIGHT!!! She slept all the way to Burley. Keep in mind that Ellie is my little power napper. 30 minute naps is the norm. Every now and again we get 40 minutes and VERY rarely we'll get a hour nap so for her to sleep that long was incredible!!! After dinner in Burley and getting back in the car she did OK. My mom sat in the back with her and played for a while. When it got dark she cried for 20 or 30 minutes before she gave in and fell asleep again. I can't say that I blame her. After sleeping for 2.5 hours I'm sure she just wanted to be out of that car seat playing. After all that sleeping in the car she still slept through the night! :-)

We had a great time playing with cousin Lucy. Lucy was also a great helper. She wanted to be apart of EVERYTHING about Ellie. Diaper changing, nursing, feeding, playing, etc. It was really cute to see her try and help with Ellie and also carry around her baby doll and imitate the things I would do with Ellie.


Here I am with Lucy and Ellie

Silly face cousins!!


CUTE ELLIE!


I must admit I got a little bit of cabin fever. When it was the slightest bit warmer than usual Ellie and I bundled up and went for a walk along the Boise Green Belt.


I LOVE to be outside!

Ellie had some fussy moments I attributed to being in a new and different place. My sister was holding her and thought she felt warm...so the thermometer came out and sure enough...El had a tempurature of 100.6. My poor little girl was under the weather. That explains the 2 1/2 hour car nap....she was getting sick! Since I was an unprepared mother I made a quick trip to Walmart to get medicine. While my mom and I were at Walmart Ellie and Lucy made "pop pop". Despite El being under the weather she LOVED watching the popcorn pop out of the popper and into the bowl. The rag on her forehead was to help cool her off until medicine arrived.




Before we headed back home to Utah we had a final outing to Cabelas to see the animals and fish. El enjoyed our previous trip to Cabelas (several weeks before in Utah) so we went once again and she had a great time.






A camping chair for the whole family!



The Aquarium...Ellie seems to really like fish!
Our visit ended abruplty when El needed to eat, I was trying to nurse her in Cabelas (that was not awkward) and the extra breast milk I packed for the ride home SPILLED all over the floor! LOVELY!! Beside being hungry Ellie was SO SO tired. When she fell asleep nursing I thought it was our chance to get in the car and have her sleep for 2 1/2 hours again. Well the ride home wasn't as sleepful. She napped, but not like the ride up. She had a little 30 minute snoozer then was wide awake. I got in the back to play with her and she did really well playing despite being confined to her car seat. She was awake for most of the ride home.


We stopped for some chow and I thought after El ate and had been awake for so long she'd go to sleep. Not so...she kept playing (she really enjoyed the cup from KFC...and no she's not drinking soda ;-) When I could tell she was getting tired I gave her binki to her and tried to help her fall asleep but she fought and fought it! I felt her and she was HOT! I unwrapped her from her blanket, gave her some tylenol and shortly after she fell asleep.
So aside from fevers and sickness we had a fantastic time and Ellie was an AWESOME road tripper!
Where will our next road trip be???? Only time will tell.


1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness. Lucy is totally a mini Marie! Love it!

    Looks like a fun trip. Way to go El for doing so well on your first road trip... next time see if you can make it to Pittsburgh, that would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete