Thursday, April 8, 2010

Coupons

I have to give a shout-out to my sister in law Kari. She is the queen of coupons and good deals. I was so excited to go to the store and pick up these items because I knew I was going to get a killer deal. I was planning on spending a dollar less than I spent...but they would only let me use 3 manufacturers coupons...not 4! With the store having a buy 8 for $5 sale, one coupon for $3 off when you buy 5, and another two coupons for $1 off...I got 3 boxes of cereal and two boxes of granola bars for THREE DOLLARS!!!! What a steal of a deal! Even though I was hoping to spend $2...you can't beat all that for 3 bucks!


I went back to the store armed with another $3 off when you buy 5 coupon, the 4th coupon for $1 off they wouldn't let me use on the above mentioned purchase and another coupon for 75 cents off. This was still a great deal...but not as good as the first. For the second purchase I got 3 boxes of oatmeal and 2 boxes of granola bars for $3.60. I love getting GREAT deals on groceries!


Today I am 24 weeks....that's right SIX months along. I still feel great (knock on wood). A couple of weeks ago I started a prenatal water aerobics class. After the first night I got home and told Jason that Ellie went swimming for the first time. He looked at me a bit puzzled and said..."Isn't she swimming all of the time?" We got a good little laugh out of that. So now I have to be more specific when I talk about our pool adventures. "Ellie and mom went swimming together for the first time" is more appropriately worded! I've really enjoyed the class so far. It gives me a nice work out without putting strain on my body. Plus I'm hoping that like the studies say...I'll have an easier labor and faster recovery by doing water aerobics. I just need one thing....



Can anyone tell me where I can get a SWEET swimming cap like this lovely lady? It would make water aerobics that much better!

Stay tuned for a future post with pictures of my growing belly.

8 comments:

  1. Harmons...the coupon for $3 off when you buy 5 is in their add. Happy shopping! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, getting good deals ALWAYS feels so great!

    I LOVE the little old lady swimming. I don't know why but it reminds me of the little old lady on "The Wedding Singer" - Remember how we tried to karaoke to that song at the end of the tape. We were (and I still am) BIG nerds! Good Times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. coupons are the greatest things ever. Awesome job. Have fun swimming-you'll enjoy that as your tummy grows!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know why I have never been able to get the hang of using coupons. It is so not like me. I LOVE a good deal. Your purchase was amazing. I wish you lived closer and I could learn from you. Awesome job! I can just picture you in that darling cap!! And I can't wait to see more belly pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea i found you! I loved doing water aerobics while i was pregnant, especially towards the end when it felt so good to get all of that weight off my back! I never had a sweet swimming cap however, that probably would have been better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That swimming cap is pretty awesome. I would get a pink one though...;) I'm glad you are feeling good! What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you found me! Nice deals ... I've always wanted to learn how to coupon the right way and need to just sit down and do it. ... and you are so cute pregnant!

    ReplyDelete