It's been a long time coming but Jason is FINALLY on the Salt Lake County Search and Rescue team. For those of you who regularly read our blog you may remember a post back around the first of the year about Jason's goal to join Search and Rescue. It was a much more of a PROCESS than we thought. After months of waiting, back ground checks, months of waiting, interview with a cop at our house, more waiting, a physical that included everything under the sun (seriously....everything from basic lab work to heart test to x-rays to hearing and vision exams...they put Jason through the medical testing gauntlet!), then MORE WAITING...Jason finally received the call to meet with the Sheriff and be welcomed to the team. After his "welcome to the team meeting" there was yet more waiting. But on November 15th he was issued his pager and badge. He has to complete a 9 month probation period in which he's required to go to 60% of the call outs. After that he'll officially be a non-probationary team member and carry a radio. From then on he has to go to 50% of the calls. He's starting to acquire all sorts of gear and going to training classes to learn all the ropes. He's had one call out so far...but by the time he got the page and drove to the canyon they were all finished and canceled the call. We're just waiting for more pages and the experience and stories to come. Jason is really excited to be able to volunteer and offer his time and skills in this arena. Ellie and I are so proud of him!
Because I'm HORRIBLE at regularly posting here's a bunch of random info and pics over the last month.
Ellie is now 41/2 months old...WOW how time flies! At her 4 month appointment she weighed in at 13.5 lbs and measured 25.5 inches long. She is super cute and so much fun. I can't get enough of her kissable cheeks! She is spotty with her rolling over...nothing consistent. She is really good at reaching and grabbing for things. It's neat to watch her individual little fingers move and grab things as her dexterity develops. She is getting really smiley...especially in the morning when she wakes up and we get her out of her crib. She occasionally gives us little giggles...but I can't wait for her to full on giggle and laugh for us. She's really discovered her voice and she babbles and talks and squeals and I love it. Even when she's squealing to let me know she's upset...I think it's so cute so I delay picking her up just to hear her little voice as much as I can. She likes her exersaucer...for about 20 or 30 minutes then she's ready for something new. She is close to being able to sit up by herself. Sometimes she sits up perfectly without any help...but other times she flops right over. So we'll see how much longer before her little abs can keep her sitting up. She still my little cat nap-er...30 minute naps throughout the day...occasionally 40 or 45 minutes and every now and again she'll go ONE FULL HOUR....but that usually only happens if we're driving.
Here is Ellie in "the poop chair". More commonly known as a bumbo, we call it the poop chair because 8 times out of 10 when she sits in her bumbo she poops. We've had several good blow outs (like dripping down her legs and out of her pants) after time in the bumbo. Jason jokes that when it's time to potty train her we'll just cut out the bottom of the bumbo. We can dream that potty training will be that easy can't we? ;-)
In getting ready for a walk to get the mail back in November, I put a hat on El to keep her warm. As we got back inside and I looked at her I thought she was just WAY TOO CUTE to pass up some pics in this hat from cousin Libby. Look at those cheeks! I just want to KISS them!One Saturday morning/afternoon Jas was watching football. El was sitting in her bumbo on the floor playing and watching the TV. I started doing something in the kitchen and turned my back. When I turned around to check on El I had this adorable view...Jas pulled her up on the couch to sit by him and watch football. It melted my heart just a bit to peek into this special daddy daughter bonding.
I love the intent look on both of their faces as they watch football. El LOVES to watch the TV. Maybe she really is fascinated by football...a dream come true for Jas...but we think she loves the lights and movement of whatever is on the screen. She does seem to really like watching Signing Time.
Here she is watching a Utah game with dad and grandpa. This was the Utah vs TCU game. You can tell by El's concerned look that it was NOT a good game. Unfortunately the Utes didn't show up and it was a sad loss!
Ellie in her FIRST DENIM (thanks aunt Bryn!) I took this pic probably a month and a half ago. They were a bit too big for her but I couldn't wait to put her in them....SO CUTE!!! She wore them yesterday and they fit great now!
I thought about making you WAIT for a congrats, but decided against it. So, CONGRATS!I so admire those who are willing to give of their time, comfort and skills to help others. You will do awesome, or shall I say amazing!
ReplyDeleteEl is so cute! We can't wait to see her, and I can't wait to kiss on her cheekies too! They are adorable! I got a good laugh out of the bumbo/ poop chair.