Tuesday, February 2, 2010

THE BUN IN THE OVEN

Yes it's true...Jason and I are prego. The wee little one is scheduled to arrive July 29th. That makes me 14 weeks or 3 1/2 months. We have known since the first of December when THREE pregnancy tests confirmed it. How have we gone this long without spilling the beans you may ask? Well it was easy to keep it a secret when I felt great. I haven't felt sick. The first couple months I was SUPER tired. If I didn't eat often my stomach would feel off...but I never had the nauseated, puking feeling...thank goodness! I count myself super lucky! I've felt so great that I even wondered if we were actually pregnant or if it was all in my head. We didn't have out first Dr appt until last Thursday. At first I was really shocked they didn't schedule me sooner. But I am really glad we had our first appt when we did. As I mentioned I have felt really good so I wondered if I would go to the Dr and hear..."I'm sorry, you aren't pregnant. It's all in your head." When she started the ultra sound it was amazing to see a little life inside me...and not just inside me but moving around. Because we're far enough along our first ultra sound was very detailed. We could see the nose, the chin, the ears, the arm moving and waving at us, the toes, the 4 chambers of the heart, the 2 hemispheres of the brain and the ventricles in the brain. I was in awe and overcome by emotion. It was incredible to see that little body inside me! It became real to me...we really are pregnant! Jason and I estimated us to be about 12 weeks along but the measurements from the ultra sound put us at 14 weeks. We were almost able to find out the sex, but our little one became shy and wasn't quite ready to reveal itself. Only 6 more weeks and we'll know so stay tuned.

I've included some LOVELY belly shots for your viewing pleasure. (I'm sure you're all thrilled) I keep telling people that I'm already showing and they don't believe me so here is your proof. I haven't gained a single pound but my belly is getting big. My belly button is even starting to look different. I guess I can thank my small torso and lack of room inside my abdomen for anything else to go except OUT. So for you unbelievers below you will see the "baby bump", "pooch" or whatever you'd like to call it.


The scanned ultra sound pics aren't as clear as the real deal but they should do the trick. This pic shows a great profile...cute little nose and chin and the ear. You can see the legs puled up to the chest as well. (for those of you who are completely lost looking at an ultra sound the head is on the left)

Again, head is on the left but the facial features aren't as clear...maybe baby turned his/her head away from the camera. The knees are still curled up to the chest but the legs are stretched out a bit more and you can see the feet.

This pic shows the arm bones and ribs really well. The arm is bent and the hand is up by the face.

I told you I'm showing!

The "pooch" in all it's glory!
(try not to be too jealous of my nice white skin!)

5 comments:

  1. Yea! Thanks for the pictures whitey!!!!!! You don't look that white! You do have a little pooch, but still not much. It kind of looks like you are sticking out yout tummy on purpose like we did when we were little pretending to be pregnant. I think it is cute! Congrats!!! We are thrilled for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Melissa! I can't wait to find out what you are having. You're going to be such an amazing mother :) WAHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so super excited for you!!! Glad you are feeling great. The girls are super excited to have another cousin to play with, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I LOVE it! It is the best watching the little one wiggle around. So reassuring at that stage when you can't really feel him/her yet.

    I love your little bump (hope that isn't weird to say), I hope you keep posting your growth, it'll be fun to watch you get big, and I think it will be fun for you to look back on.

    Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited for you!! I love the little bump as well! You should see mine right now... Eeeesh! It's like a mountain, but I guess I'm 34 weeks along, so that will do it. Enjoy your pregnancy with no sickness. I am so jealous!:)

    ReplyDelete