My parents have bees at their house. Not just bees occasionally buzzing around the flowers...I mean the real deal. Honey bees, a hive, the whole nine yards. The fresh honey is DELICIOUS! We've never had any problems before...until the day before my brothers wedding. Ellie was with my mom in the back of the garden, near the hive looking at the horses across the fence. After an angry bee burrowed it's way into my hair and was buzzing in my ear like it was going to kill me (you may think I'm exaggerating, but I'm not....it was LOUD and angry!) I ran out of the garden back toward the house. Soon after my escape Ellie and my mom came heading toward the house with Ellie in tears. She got stung by a bee just under her eyebrow. I'm pretty sure I was more upset about it than Ellie was. She actually handled it quite well. After tears, some hives, a trip to the store for some Benadryl (thanks again Dad, even though you couldn't find Benadryl), and lots of kisses and snuggles we recovered from the evening assault.
The next morning when I went to get Ellie out of her crib I walked into her room to quite the sight. Her eye was all puffy and swollen up...nearly swollen shut. It was so sad....but so funny at the same time. She reminded me of "Hitch". For those of you who have seen that movie you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. For those of you who haven't I'll just say he has food poisoning and his entire face swells up. So for my brother's wedding Ellie looked like "Hitch" or a ruff and tough boxer. My dad kept joking around asking if we needed to get Ellie her boxing gloves. As far as all the wedding pics...we tried to put Ellie's best eye forward!
Poor baby girl!! I'm sure it was WAY more traumatic for you than her. She is so darling.
ReplyDelete