Back in early October Ellie and I headed out for our first zoo trip together. After a few days of COLD I got worried I'd missed my window of opportunity to take El. When it warmed up I didn't hesitate at all to get her to the zoo. In my hurriedness to go we went without Jason. I know, I'm a bad wife. Poor Jason missed out on all the zoo day firsts for Ellie.
She loved this first little monkey and was giggling up a storm at him.
We saw the elephants...
the giraffes...
apparently the giraffes were a bit boring for Ellie!
and the tigers.
She LOVED the construction at the zoo...maybe more than the animals. A while ago we checked out a book from the library about road work that had all kinds of truck in it. Ever since she's been enthralled with trucks, tractors, etc.
Here's my little monkey
My favorite part of the day was watching Ellie get ready for her first train ride. Some how she knew exactly what was going to take place. Her anticipation was great. She held her ticket and sat so big all by herself waiting for the train to take off. She was so funny because she didn't even want me to put my arm around her. I felt like I needed to contain her so she wouldn't try to get up and lean over the side. She would simply push my arm away from her as if to say "mom I'm a big girl, I'll sit here, I won't fall, just let me enjoy my train ride." Although the train ride was a whopping ONE minute (I really think that's as long as it was) it was so worth it to see Ellie's excitement.
After the train ride it was time to play on the toys before heading home.
And of course this little girl had to play in the water...she just LOVES water and this round, rolling sphere of a fountain was no exception!






These pictures are so darling of her! I LOVE her cheeks and her cute little hair! I think it is so great you got a picture of her by the monkey thing (showing her height). Because now every time you go over the years you can see how she has grown!
ReplyDeleteP.S. My favorite were the train pictures!!!!
ReplyDeleteI love going to the zoo! I can't wait until my kiddies are old enough to excited about animals and trains. Oh and CONGRATS on your new little one! I almost missed it on facebook.
ReplyDelete