Wednesday, November 9, 2011

HALLOWEEN 2011

We celebrated Halloween all weekend long.We started Friday night with a GREAT family party (thanks Grandpa and Grams). It was so fun to see all the cousins in their costumes bobbing for apples, playing games and filling up on candy. We were a bit boring - well A LOT boring. We didn't dress up and hit the sack early to prepare for our Halloween Half marathon. That's right, 13.1 miles of Halloween running fun. At about mile 7 to 8 I wasn't thinking it was so much fun.  The down hill was brutal on my joints. My legs and especially my hips started ACHING! This half marathon was harder for me than the first one I did. I did a lot of walking the last stretch of the race. Jason and I had a goal to do it together so despite my aching hips, slow jog and/or walking pace he stayed with me and we finished together. It was TEAM CARLSON from start to finish and in case you haven't heard....all THREE of us did it! That's right, there is a bun in this oven. I suppose being pregnant and having relaxin flowing through my body contributed to unstable joints and my aching hips. I seriously walked around like an old woman in need of a cane for a couple days after the race because my hips were so sore! We haven't been to the Dr. yet so we don't know our exact due date but the next member of TEAM CARLSON should arrive sometime around the first week of June. As of today I think I'm about 10 weeks. 


TEAM CARLSON after the race...I know I look emaciated but I'm really healthier than this pic portrays. Note...we're pointing to the "bun" not my bib number. 


Halloween with Ellie was definitely more fun now that she's older. We tried to carve pumpkins Saturday night but she wanted NOTHING to do with that gooey sticky stuff. She didn't really get the trick or treating process (she was just into the candy) but it was sure fun to watch her walk around in her little costume. Surprisingly she kept it on and didn't try to take it off at all! We Started out at the Whitmore Library with some neighbors. Ellie wanted nothing to do with the activities or story times...she was a tad anti-social. She just wanted to cruise around and show off her costume. Perhaps she could hear all the comments and giggles as people saw this little Chick-Fil-A cow.




After the library, lunch, nap time and playing at home it was time to head out for the evening. Of course we had to stop at our favorite fast food restaurant and show off her costume. Sadly our trick or treating attempts at Chick-Fil-A only yielded a roll of smarties. I thought for sure El's costume and our "trick or treat, give us some chicken to eat" plea would result in a free kids meal. :-( Despite the lousy roll of smarties we still LOVE Chick-Fil-A and will continue to frequent it often. 

And now the pics of our little cow trick or treating with her cousins and daddy. HAPPY HALLOWEEN!












6 comments:

  1. So exciting! Bring on June, what a lovely time to welcome a new little one!

    Ellie's costume is adorable! We also love Chick-Fil-A (mostly because it is one of the few places with a playplace in Pittsburgh... and it is clean). At our Chick-Fil-A they will have "family nights" (usually on Tuesdays) and have free crafts and activities for the kiddos. Also, they will do random things that will get you free chicken, we had a night before Halloween where if kids wore their costume they got a free kids meal. Pretty cool.

    Anywho, so cute, and so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her facial expressions in the pumpkin pictures. Priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Ellie's costume! So creative! Congrats again on baby #2!! Way to go running a 1/2 marathon while you were pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats again you guys! Love the costume and the girl in it. So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought I commented on this, but I guess not. I can't believe you did a 1/2 marathon while being pregnant! How did you have the energy? I could barely stay awake in my first trimester and it was a battle just to make it through the workday. Ellie's costume is so cute. What a cute idea.

    ReplyDelete