Ellie is now SEVENTEEN months old which makes it pretty pathetic that I'm FINALLY getting around to posting her year pics (taken at 14 months). She is definitely a full fledged toddler but I still call her my baby. She is so much fun and full of personality. At the time I should have done this post (3 months ago) she was starting to model our behavior. That was fun but sobering to realize the things I do my child will copy. One day I discovered Ellie with the q-tips...sticking them in her ears just like she'd seen mom and dad do! To this day she LOVES to play with Q-tips. She became more and more observant at 14 months and started noticing airplanes and the moon in the sky. She LOVES when the garbage man comes to our complex or the apartments behind us. As soon as she hears that mighty truck a giddy excitement comes over her face and she runs to the window to wait for him. The loud banging of the dumpster being dumped into the truck doesn't seem to bother her at all. It is so funny to me that she loves the garbage man so much. I NEVER would have guessed that!
She is becoming more and more independent which is fun but challenging at times. She stomps her feet when she's frustrated and doesn't get what she wants. Sometimes she even tries to bites us! She will swat or hit at other kids if she doesn't want them around. We're working on playing nice and sharing! She knows what she wants and how to get it. At about 14 months she started shaking her head in protest if I started to sing a song or read a book she didn't approve of. Now she says "no!" As much as I shouldn't like my daughter telling me "no" her little voice is so stinking cute and the way she says "no, no no" just makes me smile and giggle inside. At 17 months her vocabulary includes: mom, dad, horse, ball, bubble, yes, more, no, bye bye...I think that is it. She is getting more and more attached to me which is adorable but can also be difficult if I need to leave. As much as she loves her mama she is really good about being left with family. HOPEFULLY nursery and strangers will be her thing. I've taken her in a couple of times and she'll do OK for 15 minutes or so but once she realizes I'm gone she gets pretty upset.
I LOVE her chubby little hands! The way she waves is adorable! I also love the way she taps her finger on the floor to get me to come sit by her. She'll also tap her finger on the chair, bar stool, etc....wherever she wants to be. She certainly knows how to communicate that to me without words! She is such a joy and we love and enjoy her so much.
She doesn't understand that she's going to have a baby sibling. I've talked to her about it a few times. One night I was telling her about the baby in mom's tummy. After talking about it for a while I quizzed her and asked, "where is the baby?". Rather than pointing to my tummy she ran over to where her baby doll was and picked it up! At least she knows about her baby.
Now for your viewing pleasure here are her 14 month pics...courtesy of my AMAZINGLY TALENTED sister in law. THANKS again Heidi!
Check out heidilynnphotography.blogspot.com
















They are GORGEOUS!!!!! She is such a little doll. I love all the color in these pictures. Your sister in law is amazing. I'm sure you will treasure these always. And congratulations on your new baby girl!!!!!!!!!!! Yay! :) I'm so happy for you Moo!
ReplyDelete