Friday, October 26, 2012

hair woes

It seemed to happen out of the blue. Ellie's hair started falling out. She'd wake up with hair all over her pillow and her binki. When I'd comb or brush through her hair it fell out. When she pulled out elastics, clips, barrettes, etc - anything I try to put in her hair comes out- more hair came out. It was so weird and awful. I love her to death and think she's the cutest thing ever but her hair was terrible! Her pediatrician couldn't find any reason for her hair to be falling out. So all we could do was watch it fall out and hope it would come back.


besides the amazing bed head these pics will help you see how awful it was. She lost so much hair it what she did have was REALLY thin. She had patches of long hair with short re-growth and bald-ish spots underneath.





It was stringy and straggly. In the most loving way I called her my homeless looking child. As terrible as it looked (especially since she wouldn't let me put anything in it) I had such a hard time with the thought of cutting off the little hair she did have. But one day it hit me...I couldn't take it anymore. It was always a fight to try and comb the nasty rats nest out of what she did have. All the different lengths and hair constantly in her eyes was too much. So on a random whim we headed to Cookie Cutters for Ellie's FIRST HAIR CUT. 

She LOVED the slide, the cars to sit in and watching a show while. She was really good and sat still but wasn't so sure about the hair cutting and styling thing. 


BEFORE



DURING

Round brush?! Really lady you think I have time to round brush my child's hair...and you think she'll allow me to do it?! VERY REALISTIC!




AFTER!
It looked much better and looks really cute here cause there's something in it to keep it out of her face...it didn't last long though! I can't believe I paid $15 for a little snip here and there...something I probably could have done and it didn't make her hair look that different. I suppose I'm really picky and had unrealistic expectations. I was hoping for a girly looking cut that would be cute even if she didn't let me put anything in it (cause I know how fast she pulls stuff out of her hair) I guess there is only so much you can do with a little bit of hair. Now we wait for her hair to grow back and hope she gets more.

No comments:

Post a Comment