Saturday, May 22, 2010

T minus 10

We're THIRTY weeks along and only have TEN weeks left! CRAZY! This pregnancy has gone by so fast. I kept thinking to my self...we still have 4 months, we still have 3 months and now we're down to 10 weeks and we need to get moving! We still haven't registered or bought a crib...but as mentioned in my last post we did look at cribs so we're making some progress. I think I've found the one I want so now it's just a matter of getting it.

I failed my glucose screening...by EIGHT points! What a bummer! So on to the higher concentration of delightful sugar drink and THREE hours at the hospital....what fun! Other than that I'm doing great...just the annoying fairly constant back pain I have. Ellie is also doing great. She is definitely growing and getting bigger...because I'm starting to get more uncomfortable. The thing I love about her growing is feeling her movements; they are more prominent and powerful. I still love to just feel my belly as she's moving and kicking around and to watch it jump, roll and bounce as she moves. It fascinates me to think about an independent body inside of me just growing and doing her own thing.






Several weeks ago Jason got a call from search and rescue. They set up an interview with him, an interview which he thought would be with one or 2 people. Turns out he walked in to a panel of people...talk about intimidating, especially when most of them just sit and take notes about him and what he has to say. After the interview they sent him out of the room while they reviewed his remarks and discussed him. He was then invited back in and they offered him a spot on the team, pending a back ground check. So he's filled out all the paper work and is waiting for the background check to come back. Once that comes back he'll be on the team for a probationary 9 months that will include training classes and going out on 66% of the calls to learn all the ropes. After the 9 months he'll be an official search and rescue team member. I'm sure proud of him!!! WAY TO GO JAS!!!

10 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! You little belly is getting so big, oh EXCITING! You look darling pregnant. I can't believe you only have 10 weeks left. It just flew by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lookin' good! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks. That glucose screening is awful. For me, it's the other way-even after fasting and drinking that wretched drink I've still got really low blood glucose levels. I'm dizzy almost to the point of fainting. The worst part of pregnancy in my opinon is that drink. But you and I share the most favorite part and that is feeling the baby move inside you. The most fascinating and thrilling moments. I miss that so much!
    Congrats Jason on making the team. That is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow I really can't believe you are already 30 weeks! The next 10 weeks will fly by for you guys! Sorry to hear about the glucose :( that is not fun at all, can't wait to meet little Ellie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so great! and these last 10 weeks will fly by. How awesome that Jason is on Search and Rescue that will be such a crazy and interesting job... way to go

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea! Ellie is really coming to visit. We can't wait! I love your belly.
    If you don't find a crib, a laundry basket works for a few months. That's what we used while moving from AZ to ID over our 3 week transition. Lu was 2 months at the time and seemed content as a cucumber in her laundry basket.
    CONGRATS to Jas. That is super awesome! He will see much and do much good. We are lucky to have people with his type of ambition and desire in this world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pregnancy definitely agrees with you. Yeah, you better start getting those things, she'll be here before you know it. Good luck with the last few weeks. They can be uncomfortable, but try to get some sleep, because you won't be getting much when she's born! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That did go by fast! You look so cute! I can't wait to see what your cute little girl looks like!;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Melissa, can I please be you pregnant??
    I think I would have like 4 more kids!! ;) You look amazing!! I am getting so excited for you! I can't wait to hear all about your sweet Elli and see her pictures!!! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I meant to congratulate Jason as well! That is so exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Melissa, I will be in Utah around the first week in August. I would LOVE to take pics of you and little Ellie!!!! Would you let me?? (Then I would get to see you and meet your little princess!!) ;)

    ReplyDelete