Saturday, October 23, 2010

Discovery



I have had such fun these last couple weeks. Ellie is really starting to discover things and it's so fun to watch her! The first thing she started discovering is her little voice. I LOVE to listen to her babble and coo and talk. I love it when we talk to each other; I'll talk to her and stick out my tongue, purse my lips, open my mouth wide and make all kinds of crazy faces and noises (that in any other arena besides talking to a baby would be absolutely ridiculous) and she looks at me so intently and often times copies me...like sticking out her tongue. The silly little things that bring me such joy....El sticking her tongue out at me!
She started to discover her feet next. I noticed that when she was in her pj's she would notice the ducks or panda's or pumpkins or bows...whatever her pj feet were decorated with and would just stare and stare. So one day I put little slippers with animal heads that rattle on her feet. She thought those were pretty interesting.
And last but not least her hands. She has started to notice them and use them. She won't reach out and grab things yet, but if I put toys close to her she'll grasp them and they usually end up right in her mouth.
And GREAT news to report: I have no idea how I've lucked out so much...but Ellie is the most amamzing baby ever! She has been sleeping through the night for the past 2 weeks. And not just sleeping for 6 or 8 hours. We're talking 9-11 hours!! Like last night I put her to bed at 9 and she woke up this morning at 8! I LOVE it! I don't get much done during the day cause she usually only gives me 20 or 30 minute snoozers, but I'll take those little naps and the sleeping ALL night long!



I tried to upload some videos of her talking and playing with her hands...but aparently I can't figure it out. I'll try and post them later.

1 comment:

  1. She has grown so much already. She has beautiful eyes, wow! And definitely count your blessings and pray that the sleeping through the night continues. It makes a big difference. :)

    ReplyDelete