Thursday, October 6, 2011

get-a-way

As much as we love Ellie, we enjoyed our over-night camping at Bear Lake without her so much we took another weekend get-a-way. This time we headed south for some Canyoneering in Zion National Park. We stopped in Cedar City and camped near Cedar Breaks our first night. While in the city Jason took me around his college stomping grounds. It was fun to hear about his first semester of college and see SUU's campus. We were also able to see some of the Shakespeare Festival. Then we headed up the canyon toward Cedar Breaks. I wish that we would have gotten there a little sooner so we could have seen more and enjoyed it in the light. But dusk and the sunset was pretty awesome as well. The next morning we drove into Zion and had a great day in Pinecreek Canyon followed by burgers at Oscar's. We had one more night away from El then headed home to get her. As with our Bear Lake over-nighter it was the hardest to leave her...but once I was away I savored the time alone with Jason. It was sure fun to go get her after our weekend away. She had so much fun at Grandpa and Grandma Dewey's house. And the cutest little surprise for me was her painted nails grandma gave her while we were gone! SO CUTE!  


Cedar Breaks at sunset


a little Karate Kid impersonation

I should have taken a picture of her nails sooner...before the paint started to chip off...but here is the result of nail polish at Grandma's house. I just LOVE those little toes and fingers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment