Wednesday, October 12, 2011

family night at THE FAIR - Sept 12th

Jason had never been to the fair before! I've only been to the state fair twice. Once with my roomies to see Shedaisy. The other time on a "field trip" for a psych rotation during nursing school with a schizophrenic patient who won a knife during one of the cooking demonstrations!! I do have some good memories of the State Fair but was hopeful to create more and I was excited for Jason to go for the 1st time. 
The fair, like everything else in life, is more fun with a child. To watch Ellie's excitement and curiosity is SO MUCH FUN! She was mesmerized with all the lights, people activities and animals. The first animals we saw were KANGAROOS! That's right...baby ones and they were REALLY cute. There was even an albino kangaroo...that one wasn't so cute. I wish I would have taken a picture of the Kangaroos but I didn't break out the camera until the dressed up geese. Ellie LOVED watching these geese walk around...she thought they were great.



We saw lots of horses....(another animal I neglected to photo)
cows...


 goats...

 chickens (which Ellie tried to grab and take home)...
an Emu...
bunnies....

and a sea lion show.
I think Ellie's favorite thing was the inflatable 'dancing' balloon man. We had a great time at the Fair and started our first of many fair outing memories.

1 comment:

  1. I love, love, love the fair! We have gone since I was a kid. It always falls right before my birthday but this year it was actually on my birthday. I am sad I missed it. So glad this is going to be one of your family outings! Maybe one year you should make sure to be there on the ice cream tent night. Tons of ice cream vendors and all you eat at for $3 or something like that. In the last pic Ellie looks like she is directing the balloon man.

    ReplyDelete