Thursday, October 6, 2011

He's OFFICIAL!!!

The weekend of Jason's triathlon ended with another great moment. We went to a Salt Lake County Search and Rescue BBQ Sunday August 28th. We thought it was going to be a mingling and dinner kind of thing. We did mingle and eat and but afterward Jason became an OFFICIAL Salt Lake County Search and Rescue team member. I was kicking myself for not bringing the camera! (Thank goodness for a camera phone...it was something to capture the moment with at least.)We had a nice meal followed by a short presentation and the new members receiving their badges and Search and Rescue clothing.  Jason has been responding to call outs for a long time (9 months during his probation period to be exact)...but until he became OFFICIAL I never heard him on his radio. While getting ready to respond to a page (just as we were getting ready for bed) he turned on his radio to listen to the rescue efforts in progress...then he said "921 in route." He sounded so OFFICIAL...and I don't know why I was surprised by that because he was OFFICIAL! CONGRATS and way to go my love! Your desire to volunteer your time and skills any day and at any time to help others will always be a great example to me and our family! You're AMAZING! 




No comments:

Post a Comment