Tuesday, November 3, 2009

European Vacation


View of Paris from the Eiffel Tower

Another view from the Eiffel tower

The Eiffel Tower

Me and Jason at the Eiffel Tower

Lady Liberty's Paris Twin

Paris

The Arch of Triumph

Me and Jas at King Lois the 14th's castle

Me and Jas in the famous Hall of Mirrors

Notre Dame

Charming Paris

Me at the Louvre

Jason at the Louvre

Beautiful Paris

Last month we were lucky enough to spend 11 days in Europe. We spent the first 2 days in Paris. I LOVED Paris! It was so charming...cobble stone streets, bridges, old buildings...I loved everything about it. I'd go back in a heart beat. From Paris we flew to Barcelona were we boarded The Voyager of the Seas...currently the largest cruise ship on the waters. Our boat had an ice skating rink-that may give you an idea of how big it was. The cruise was great, but the ports were even better. Our first stop was Naples. From Naples we took the train to Pompeii, then to Sorrento and out Last stop was the Island of Capri. This area of Italy is so beautiful and I wish we would have had more time to spend there. The next day we ported about a hour outside of Rome. We hired a driver to take us around Rome and it was the BEST decision and money well spent. We had an incredible time in Rome. We were able to see all we wanted to with the limited amount of time we had. Our driver spoke 6 languages and had a masters degree in archeology. He grew up in Rome. He was well qualified to teach us the history and culture of Rome. The next day our port took us to Pisa and Florence. We saw the famous Leaning Tower and walked through Florence. The following day was on to the French Riviera. Our first port was Villefranche. From Villefranche we took the train to Monoco. We had a great time walking through the narrow streets, looking at all the yachts and seeing the Grand Casino. After Monoco we headed to Nice. We walked through part of the town down to the beach then took a stroll next to the beach. I say NEXT to the beach cause we weren't all that impressed with the beach. The beaches in France don't have sand. The beaches are made of small pebble type rocks. In Villlefranche the pebbles were at least small and fine. In Nice the pebbles were larger and rough...not the best beach, but the view was NICE (no pun intended). Out last day was suppose to be Marseille. I was looking forward to Marseille. I really wanted to go there and go to Chateau D'if from The Counte of Monte Cristo. But the last day we woke up to wind and 8 to 10 foot waves that prevented the boat from being able to port. So we spent out last day at sea. Although we were disappointed we weren't able to go to Marseille, we can't complain too much because we had incredible weather for our trip. And now I just have an excuse for Jason to take me back to France!

Okay...I'm trying to figure out this picture posting thing so we'll see if I can figure this out. We also have to many pictures they may come in stages.

And I can't figure out how to get the pics to post AFTER this paragraph.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you guys had a blog. That is awesome and I am so glad it was in time for your Europe trip, especially since we were going to be on the same boat! So now we know it is awesome and can book it soon! Love the pictures you have posted so far and can't wait to see the rest! Glad you had a great time. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete