Thursday, November 5, 2009

ROME

Day two took us to Rome. I LOVED Rome. We had a fabulous time. We splurged a bit and hired a private driver. It was the best decision we made. It enabled us to spend as much or as little time as we wanted at all the sites...and with only 8 hours to see all of Rome we needed to make the best of our time. Our driver's name was Luca. He grew up in Rome and had a degree in archeology. He spoke 6 languages. He was well qualified to give us history, stories, and drive us through Rome. He even had a special pass that allowed us to walk past all the people in line at the Colosseum and get right in. That was sweet! Plus we loved having someone holding a sign with our name on it...that made us feel important! :-)



Jason and our driver Luca


Me and Jason at the Colosseum


The floor of the Colosseum...under the stage where the animals were kept


The Colosseum...in all her glory. This place is incredible!


Jason drinking ancient Roman water


Circus Maximus


Ancient Rome


Jason at the Pantheon


Trevi fountain


Me at Vatican City


The Sistine Chapel


St Peter's Basilica

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Everything looks so incredible! I think I would have liked Rome the best. All of that history fascinates me! I love the pics! I love the blog! You guys are AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete