Sunday, February 12, 2012

Cabin fever

A couple weeks ago Ellie and I set out on a downtown adventure. She had a TON of fun but I think it may have been more fun for me. I had been itching to get out of the house and DO something. I told Jason I need to get out of the house other than going to the grocery store! So when my cabin fever set in Ellie and I took off for a spur of the moment activity. Ellie rode the train for the first time followed by a trip to the children's portion of the church history museum. All FREE activities by the way...my kind of day! 

Ellie was fascinated by the train and seemed to enjoy the entire train riding experience. She especially loved being outside on the platform and watching the train drive up.




She had a blast at the church history museum. So much to do and play with. She didn't always do too well with the other kids (she seems to be a little anti-social at this point in her life. She likes to play by herself.) but we're working on that. 

Looks like she may have a bit of a problem falling asleep at the wheel...we'll keep that in mind when she turns 16! 

She LOVED pushing the buttons
and loved, loved, LOVED the kitchen and garden area! 


It is really fun to watch how she and her play are evolving. She LOVES her kitchen at home and always takes the bowls, cups, spoons, etc and lines them up on the stairs, her chair...anywhere really. She did the same thing in this kitchen. Collected dishes and food and lined them up in her little way. 
She found the cups in the cupboard, stacked them, then took them over to the counter
where she neatly laid everything out. 


She was also quite the fisher woman
and loved playing on the boat. 

What a fun mommy/daughter activity we had. I LOVE YOU ELLIE! Thanks for the fun memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment