Friday, February 17, 2012

ELLIE - 18 months

Ellie is now 18 months and as busy as ever. She is so much fun. I love watching her play and observing her personality come out.  She is full of energy and RUNS most of the day. She certainly keeps me on my toes.  She still LOVES to be outside so when the days aren't too cold we try to get out and play as often as possible. She loves going to the library. She loves to dance.  She loves to watch movies of herself and look at pictures of herself. She loves to be apart of anything I'm doing - especially cooking! She loves to watch the garbage man. She has the cutest wave and likes to say "bye bye" and "hi". She's moved out of her Barney stage. Although she still watches Barney she mostly watches Baby Signing Time these days. She is signing like crazy now. As she watches the show she follows along and does all the signs. From clouds to chicken to banana to shoes she is signing away. Although she's starting to sign more her little voice is blooming too. And she has the CUTEST voice! I love to listen to her babble and jabber. Her vocabulary at this point consists of:

"mama"
 "dada"
"hi"
"bye"
 "uh oh
 "ah nuts" 
"stuck"
"cheese"
"pup"
"woof"
"yes"
"no"
"more" ...said more like "mo"
"ball"
"bees"
"all gone"
 "bubble"
"see" when she wants to look at something
"beep" 
"baby"
 and when she wants to watch Baby Signing Time she says "baby sign"


At 18 months she weighed in at a whopping 27 lbs 3 oz and is 34.75 inches tall. As my pediatrician stated when he first entered the exam room, "she is the size of a good 2 year old." She is in the 99th% for height and 78th% for weight. I LOVE her chubbiness! I'm so glad she hasn't lost it. I worried she'd loose her thunder thighs and chubby cheeks once she started walking.  

She is super attached to her mama...which is really cute and sweet but sometimes DAUNTING when I try and leave her. She likes nursery as long as I'm in the room with her. If I try to leave...look out! She is one upset girl!

Now for picture fest! 

She has an eye for anything that resembles a hat and doesn't hesitate to put it on her head. 




She still LOVES the bath. In fact she usually gets 2 baths...one in the morning when I shower and one at night before bed. 
One night I was downstairs. I knew she'd gone upstairs but I couldn't hear her or tell what she was doing. When I went to investigate this is what I found...a dressed girl in the bath with the water running!!! I guess she was ready for her bath! Kinda scary that she can turn the water on though!!
 One day when I tried to jump in the shower before she could figure out where I'd gone I turned around to find her at the back of the tub in her pajamas!! I think she has radar for whenever the water is running. 




She is really cleaver and figuring out how to open most things. This day she got INTO my makeup. Love the war paint took! 
Where is Ellie?
Peek a boo!
lounging in her favorite chair
Behold the BED HEAD!






She loves Q-tips!



 She loves the snow...too bad we haven't had hardly ANY snow this year! This snow was last Sunday morning before church. Once it started snowing I knew it may not last long so I threw on her coat and shoes over her jammies and out we went to take advantage of a brief snow fall.
She is turning into our little dare devil! 

That is just a taste of our little Ellie and the fun at our house. We are so glad to have our Ellie and feel so blessed she is such a happy, healthy girl! WE LOVE YOU ELLIE! 

2 comments:

  1. Where did she learn "ah nuts"? :) I can't believe how quickly time has flown. It seems like you just had her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her personality really comes through in your pictures and through your writing. She is such a doll Melissa!

      Delete