Sunday, July 18, 2010

38 weeks



With the way my Dr was talking at our last appointment we thought Ellie was on her way out. At 38 weeks I'm 3cm, 80% dilated, -2 station and my membranes were stripped. Even though I know full well it could still be a while before I go into labor all these numbers and positive comments from my Dr have played tricks with my mind. For my entire pregnancy I've been planning on delivering in August. I didn't even get my hopes up about July because I know that with a first baby it is VERY unusual to go on your due date let alone early. But with all the progression I've had since 36 weeks it's put my frame of mind into SHE COULD COME AT ANYTIME, which is true but she could also take all the time she wants. Our last appt was so reassuring Jason and I got our hopes up for Ellie to arrive soon. I became a little bit panicked that I wouldn't get everything done I wanted to. So most of Thursday I was sewing away and finished her crib skirt. YEAH! I think it looks great! You can come at any time now El. Your crib is ready and mom and dad are ready! :-) We can't wait to see you. Unfortunately for now it seems Ellie is quite content to stay in my belly. After having my membranes stripped I feel pretty darn normal. I've had some contractions but nothing more than the usual contractions I had before my membranes were stripped. So we shall see when this little girl decides to come meet us. We are so excited and can't wait for her to come!




2 comments:

  1. i believe anytime a doctor says "any time now" he is cursing the woman.

    seriously, babies wouldn't wait so long if the doctors would keep quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute bed. Can't wait to see pictures of Ellie in it!

    ReplyDelete