Friday, July 23, 2010

Still pregnant...and starting to go crazy

39 weeks...I still have 6 days until my due date so WHY am I going crazy that this baby is still inside of me??? Simply because we got our hopes up that she was coming sooner rather than later based on my "stats" and the Dr's comments for the past 3 weeks. At 39 weeks I'm still 3 cm, 80% effaced and -2 station. I thought going to our Dr appt. and hearing that I hadn't progressed would be discouraging, but it wasn't. Really there is no more room for progression without going into active labor so I'll sit at these numbers until Ellie decides to come. I just can't believe what an emotional and mental roller coaster this is...waiting and wondering when it will be. Seriously I think I may go crazy sometime soon so Ellie you need to COME OUT! I know I need to quit thinking about it and then she'll come....but it's nearly impossible to not think about her when I'm carrying her and feel her moving around all the time. But I've been trying to relax and not think too much about it. I know she'll come when the time is right. But I was really hoping for SOON! My Dr stripped my membranes again yesterday and this time she was a bit more aggressive. It was uncomfortable and a bit painful...but I'm so ready to be done I say BRING ON THE PAIN! I walked for 2 miles today and made myself really uncomfortable...but I told El...bring it on, I'm ready for you! So far nothing. So we continue the waiting game. When will she come...only time will tell.



7 comments:

  1. Well according to Lucy if she didn't come today you've got a whole week more to wait!! Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa, I was thinking about you today, wondering if that little lady of yours had made her debut yet. I know how frustrating that can be to not know when she is coming and to want her there so badly!! I have never been late ( Thank Heavens!!) and every time I get to my last 2 weeks or so I am literally going crazy... I don't know how people do it that go late? I would be put in the funny farm for sure. It is mentally and emotionally SO draining and unless you are going through it you have no idea how bad it is. The dr. striped my membranes two weeks in a row as well and was a little more aggressive the second time too (since nothing happened the first time) and I totally agree, as bad as it was I was willing to go through just about any amount of pain to get her there!!

    I won't say "hang in there" since I hated when people said that to me, but I will say "good luck Momma!!!!" and please blog about her as soon as you possibly can! I can't wait to see her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Don't walk too many miles, you will need your strength!! I hope she comes tonight!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...you are so close! You can almost taste her baby cuteness. We can't wait to hear that she is here. Hope it is sooner than later! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are excited and waiting for a text message or a phone call soon! That mental and emotional rollercoaster you are feeling right now...it never ends!! Anxiously waiting....!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So close Melissa! I have never been late either, but I've been induced with all three of my kids. I hope she comes soon! I was so miserable the last few weeks. It was horrible. Hopefully you won't have to wait much longer, and soon you'll have a beautiful baby in your arms! It's uncomfortable right now, but it's so worth it when you see that baby! Can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those last few weeks are the toughest, and then of course the last few hours before she arrives. :) Good luck with everything, I can't wait to see little Ellie!

    ReplyDelete