Monday, July 5, 2010

36 weeks

One month left??? 23 days to be exact. I should have posted this last Thursday becasue now I'm closer to 37 weeks...but oh well. When we went to the Dr last week we heard the report that everything is perfect. From my blood pressure to Ellie's heart beat all is well. I'm already 70% effaced and dilated to 1 1/2 cm. I was happy to hear that report, but I'm cautiously optimistic because I know very well I could stay at 70% and 1 1/2 cm for the next 4 weeks! But my Dr did say the good news is that most people on their first pregnancy aren't thinning or dilating at this point so I likely won't go over my due date. Only time will tell. I can't hardly believe it! Ellie is getting ready to come meet us! My pregnancy has gone by fast yet slow at the same time...if that makes any sense. Slow in that I knew I would have a child but it seemed like a ways away before I would actually become a mother. Now that this reality is right around the corner it is exciting yet scary at the same time! Every now and again I get a scared overwhelming feeling of becoming a mother and having the responsibility for raising a child. Mostly I'm just so excited and can't wait to meet this little girl, to see what she looks like, watch her mannerisms and personality develop and love and snuggle her!



Here I am at 36 weeks. Ellie is getting bigger and bigger every day! I still feel pretty good, but I am getting more and more uncomfortable. Still I know that I have had such a great pregnancy and can't complain. The worst I have to deal with is back pain and most recently pain in my crotch (I know...you all want to know this) as her head gets lower and my pubic bone moves. Every now and again I get these sharp shooting pains down there. I'm guessing it's my bladder or a nerve that she hits when she moves her head around. That is always pleasant ;-) And I never would have guessed turning over in bed could be such a process, but boy is it difficult to roll from side to side!!!

Call it nesting or maybe it's just my obsessive compulsive side but we've been cleaning and preparing our house for Ellie. Thanks to help from my wonderful husband, over the past few weeks we've got all the "deep" cleaning done. All the blinds have been dusted and washed, base boards are clean, closets have been organized and much was sent to the DI, oven is clean (BTW...this is not a good summer time activity-it made our house SO HOT!), fridge is clean, cupboards are clean, the windows we could reach are clean inside and out...now it's just maintaining with the usual weekly cleaning. Is it odd that I feel like I'm forgetting to clean something??

We are ready for you Ellie and can't wait to meet you and bring you home!





5 comments:

  1. Melissa you're amazing! You can come finish your nesting stage at my house...hehehe...

    I hope you come early... going past your due date stinks! I would know. Can't wait to meet little Ellie... er, see little Ellie. But I hope to meet her in December when I visit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great! You're almost there! We can't wait to meet little El!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. I did that cleaning routine with both kids...now if I could find time to keep that up anymore! Can't wait til she comes and says hi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so weird to see you that big because you in general are so tiny. But we can't wait to meet Ellie... and if Jason tells you to hold her in late on July 31st don't listen to him. There is nothing wrong with a Harry Potter baby.... she may end up loving it like me. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck Melissa!! I can't wait to see pictures of little Ellie! You look great by the way. So tiny still.:)

    ReplyDelete