Yesterday was great. Jason and I got some errands done and finished some last minute preparations for Ellie's arrival. We got in another movie...thinking it could be our last before out little girl comes. We saw Inception...which we both enjoyed. It is a thinker movie and definitely keeps you intrigued and engaged. After the movie I wanted to do something "different" than the usual. I didn't want to be inside. So we decided to head up the canyon for a little picnic. We went up to Silver Lake at Brighton with Brody, Jami and little Sawyer. When we first got there we had a welcoming guest....a MOOSE right by the picnic area! Sawyer loved the "horse" and the chipmunks that were running all over the place. After we ate we walked around the lake and saw another moose laying down in the meadow. It was so great to be outside enjoying the fresh mountain air and cooler temps than the valley had to offer. And if the elevation change helps to encourage Ellie to come out....even better! ;-)
When it comes to being outside, Jason and I are there. We love taking a break from 'life' to enjoy the simpicity, peace and beauty nature offers. I especially love this quote that applies not only to the great outdoors but to our lives as well. Unfortunately I have no idea who said this:
"You cannot stay on the summit forever. You have to come down again. So why bother in the first place? What is above knows what is below, but what is below does not know what is above. One climbs, one sees, one descends, one sees no longer...but one has seen. There is an art in conducting oneself in the lower regions by the memory of what one saw higher up. When one can no longer see, one can at least still know."
Oh so fun! Cooler mountain temps sound real good right now.
ReplyDeleteCome on Ellie! I want to meet you!
So that is where soy learned his cheese smile... Jason...
ReplyDeleteWe saw inception last night!! I can't stop thinking about it. My mom would be so jealous that you saw a moose in Utah! They are her favorite.
ReplyDelete